Our beautifully restored, spacious, well-furnished 3-bedroom apartment is in the historic centre of Città di Castello, Umbria, in a quiet cobbled street just a stone's throw from the main square.
The flat has all the quality and comfort of a real home and is ideally located for exploring both the town and the whole of central Italy.
The property, which is on two floors connected by an internal staircase, has a small breakfast terrace off the kitchen and a larger terrace the upper floor.
The apartment was originally restored as our home, so with great love and care, retaining as many of its quirky original features as possible. It is creatively decorated and has some beautiful original floors (from terracotta tiles to intricately decorated stonework) and doors, plus wooden beams throughout. The flat is furnished with pieces from our travels in Italy and in Asia.
There is plenty of space. The lower floor has the entrance hall, the kitchen (with its little breakfast balcony), the large living room, the master bedroom and the main bathroom. A wrought-iron and chestnut staircase leads up to the converted attic space. Here there are two more bedrooms, a small bathroom (with a loo and basin) and the 10 sqm main terrace that looks out over old-town rooftops to the city's spectacular Cylindrical Tower and over leafy gardens to the green hills beyond the old town wall.
The living room has a large and comfortable sofa and two old Chinese rocking chairs for you to relax in. There is a 32" flat-screen TV, DVD player (and some DVDs) and HiFi (and some CDs).
The kitchen has an oven and four gas rings, a washing machine and dish washer, plus all you will need to cook, serve and eat simple, civilised meals.
Zugang für Gäste
The apartment is on the second floor of a large Palazzo in the historic centre of town. The other apartments in the building are lived in by locals.
Interaktion mit Gästen
The apartment is managed by a lovely Italian friend, who lives locally and speaks English. She will welcome you, show you around the flat and be happy to give you some tips on her favourite local places to eat, visit etc. And if you need help with something during your stay, you can contact her.
- Quiet please - out of respect for local residents living in the other apartments in the building, please keep your noise levels down and do not hold parties in the apartment.
- Respect the apartment - the property will be checked at the beginning and end of your stay. There will be an additional charge for any damage or if you leave it very untidy and dirty.
- Pets are at my discretion - I am happy to host small, well-behaved, house-trained, clean, non-shedding, non-chewing pets in the apartment. If you are not sure if your pet meets these requirements, please contact me before booking.
- No smoking in or out - this is not allowed either in the apartment, on the terrace or in the apartment building.
- During the winter months, please be very thoughtful and responsible with the heating thermostat (heating costs are high in Italy). Please keep the temperature at a reasonable comfortable level and be sure to turn it down when you are out. Thanks so much.