Nestled in the heart of The Burren the suite accommodation provides 3 spacious rooms ~ 2 sitting rooms and 1 Ensuite Bedroom for your exclusive use. Within easy access to local towns & villages. Our tranquil rural location is ideally located if your interests lie in Nature, Hiking, Photography, Rock Climbing, Surfing, Archaeology, Music & Gastronomy. A warm welcome awaits you in our 300+ year old cottage recently restored & tastefully decorated.
The Guest accommodation located in the cottage renovation does not provide self-catering facilities as the listing is Private Room Bed & Breakfast Only. There are 3 rooms available for the exclusive use of Guests. The accommodation consists of Entrance Hall for storage of outdoor shoes / ruck sacks & leads into sitting room 1 with wood burning stove (for heat only). From here this Room 1 leads into middle sitting / reading room 2 with Guest Bedroom/shower en suite room 3 located off this room. A single occupancy supplement applies to this booking, Please ask your host for details. Check-in time is between 3-5 pm please inform your Host of expected arrival time. If your In-Bound (flights) travel plans require a later check in we can accommodate but please let us know as soon as possible so we can organise appropriate arrangements for your late arrival in advance of checkin date. If you are arriving very early and would like to drop your luggage off please check with your Host availability to take your luggage in.
The cottage accommodation is built on one level so there are no stairs. The cottage rennovation connects to the Hosts Private Residence which extends off the cottage. The Annex unit forms the private residence of your hosts.
Guest sitting rooms have a double-sided wood burning stove.
One sitting room can be used as extra sleeping* space if required. Please ask you Host for details as additional charges will apply for the provision and turnover of bed / bedding*. Guest bedroom has a king size bed and shower en suite.
The Burren is a landscape steeped in history, culture and music, flora, fauna and much much more.
For guests arriving into Shannon Airport your host can arrange transfers To and From during your stay. Please ask your host for transfer costs.
Car hire is recommended throughout The Burren for ease of access to visit all sites of interest. Public transport is seasonal and limited.
Activities ~ your host will be glad to recommend all activities of interest to you during your stay.
Zugang für Gäste
The accommodation has it's own entrance.
The old cottage renovation extends into a new build which provides private accommodation for your hosts. Guests privacy is of the utmost importance to your hosts, however, hosts will be available to offer help at breakfast each day throughout your stay.
The accommodation pricing provides for Bed and Breakfast Only.
Breakfast is served each day between 8.00 am - 9.00 am and the kitchen/breakfast area closes promptly at 9.30am to allow your Hosts continue with their working day. The kitchen area is not available for Guest usage outside of these times.
During Winter Months Only Evening meals can be provided at an additional cost. However, prior notice is required before your arrival date. Please ask your host for details.
There are two sitting rooms available for use in the Cottage along with Ensuite bedroom. Pictures available in the Photo Gallery. A wood burning stove provides heat to the main sitting room and connecting sitting/reading room, this is supplemental to the heating system and incurs an additional cost if required.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Your host will be available during breakfast each day to assist you with any information you may require.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The cottage is situated off the main road and meanders down a small rugged Boreen (small country road). Although the road has little traffic it is a right-of-way for use by two farmers. Nearest convenience store/small supermarket/Post office/ pubs /ATM are 15 minutes drive.
Wifi is available however due to location coverage can be patchy and phone signal can be poor. There is a restricted Wi-fi data usage policy in place by the Service Provider as the service is delivered over Satellite. A 1GB or 5GB data package can be provided for your use. Please ask your host for current pricing from Satellite Service Provider.
For our longer stay guests we can arrange laundry facilities to be made available during your stay - please ask for details*.
Activities such as Self-guided walks and Guided trail walks, hiking off the beaten track with Guide, climbing with Guide and much more can be arranged by your Hosts*. These activities are delivered by a knowledgeable and qualified Guide, Mountain Leader, Rock Climbing Leader (SPL), Certified Interpretive Guide (NAI), Wilderness First Aid and Leave No Trace Master Educator. (NOLS trained for WFA and LNT.) Our recommended Guides are truly passionate about the quality of activities they deliver, their environment and getting to know our guests by making them feel at home and that they belong. At the end of your Activity your guide will be happy to recommend other things for you to do and places to visit that match your interests. Reviews of activities delivered by our Guides are scored highly and positively with five star reviews on TripAdvisor. Our guides want you to have the best experience during your Activities and they are willing to adapt the Experience as needed.
When organising and booking your own activities direct with an Activity Provider we recommend you check that the Guides delivering services are fully qualified in the field of activity they deliver.
* These items are additional costs. Please check pricing / rates with your Host for any additional services or Activity bookings you may require.
• BREAKFAST – please advise your hosts which cereal and main breakfast plate you would like each evening of your stay. Breakfast is served between 8.00 – 9.00 and the kitchen closes at 9.30am promptly to allow your hosts to continue with their working day.
• TOWELS – please bring your towels down to your Host at breakfast time each morning and Jacinta / Christy will hang them up to air/dry. Towels will be left out for you again each evening.
• All OUTDOOR FOOTWEAR should be left in the entrance hall and house slippers or socks worn inside.
• There is a strict NO SMOKING POLICY throughout the premises. If you wish to smoke outside, away from the house, then you must clear away any cigarette debris when finished and Leave No Trace.
• CANDLES– must not be lit in any part of the cottage accommodation.
• PARKING – an allocated parking space will be made available. Please check with your Host.
• GUEST / ENTERTAINING– no additional guests should be invited into the accommodation without prior approval from your host. Duration of additional guest stay must be confirmed and costs agreed with your Host.
• No PARTIES allowed on the premises.
• Any BREAKAGES, damage or losses will be charged and/or deducted from your deposit. Breakages should be reported to your Host immediately.
• No FOOD or DRINK is allowed in the bedroom.
• No BOOKS should be removed from the reading room.
• LEAFLETS should not be removed from the Guest Manual.
• PORCH LIGHT – the porch light will be left on for your arrival back to the cottage.
• HOUSEHOLD LIGHTS – depending on your arrival time the lights may be left on. Please remember at the end of you day when you retire to turn off all the lights in the cottage.
• PETS ~ we are a pet friendly household. However, please review your requirements with your host before booking to ensure we can cater and accommodate your needs as it may not always be suitable to the surrounding agile farmland and wildlife environments.
• DOGS must be kept under control and owners must be mindful of the wildlife in the surrounding environment.
• Dogs are not allowed on any furniture; and
• Dogs must not be left unattended at any time during your visit.
• Guests must clean up dog Poop after their pet.
• Your accommodation will be spotlessly clean on arrival and should be left in the same condition. Your cleaning fee covers cost of cleaning /drying/ ironing linen etc after Guests depart but not cleaning after their Pets.
• Dogs are not allowed on any furniture and must be house trained.
• Guests must ensure they have adequate bedding and food for their dog.
• Guests must have adequate sleeping arrangements for their pet.
• Dog must not be left unattended at any time and should be kept on a lead when walking outside due to presence of livestock and wildlife.