The house is within walking distance to the Princeton University Campus, right in the Witherspoon-Jackson historic district, significant for its architectural heritage.
Our house is one of the six Rainbow Houses, built around 1930. "These buildings were called the “Rainbow Houses” because they were
originally painted different colors", the historic report states and continues: "The houses are all twin buildings with an overall T
-shape; the shaft of the “T” faces the road.