A unique sustainably-designed house located at ~7000 feet on the rim of the Owen's Valley with views of the Sierra Nevada and White Mountains. It easy access to Mammoth, Bishop, natural hot springs, skiing, mountain biking, and many trail heads that access the High Sierra Wilderness for backcountry skiing, hiking, and climbing.
House is designed to cater to telecommuters, writers, researchers, etc who want a productive escape with a healthy combination of work and play. Includes 3 desks, 2 wide-screen monitors (to plug in to your laptop), a laser printer/copier/scanner, a projector and screen, and a large chalk board.
For more information check out (URL HIDDEN)
Layout and Design:
* 2 bedrooms w/ queen beds
* 1 master loft bedroom (queen bed)
* 1 small work loft with spectacular views.
* 2 bathrooms
* Open floor plan with a bridge that connects 2 lofts
* Kitchen well designed for cooking and entertaining
* Contemporary feel yet very warm with lots of wood
Green Design Features:
* Passive Solar Design for winter warmth and summer cooling
* Solar hot water
* Solar radiant floors!
* Solar heated hot tub!!
* Heat Recovery Ventilator – fresh air without losing heat
* Drain Heat Recovery – recycles the heat from your hot shower
* Recycled metal roof
* Bamboo kitchen and bathroom counters and cabinets
* Salvaged firewood for decorative wood
* Energy Star backup boiler and other appliances
* Creative Re-use:
- street signs for deck shade
- refurbished Wedgewood stove
- salvaged sinks and clawfoot tub
- salvaged library ladder from an Oakland high school
- refurbished 1970's stereo speakers
- salvaged hot tub connected to solar heating
- salvaged solar collectors
- deck furniture made from salvaged wood and metal