Nestled on a bluff below the majestic Eagle Rock, our cabin combines luxury & old Tahoe for a rich, rustic feel. A short hike or snow shoe from the back of the house and you are on the top eagle rock. The house is well equipped with an outdoor fireplace, hot tub, pond, barbecue and two wood burning fireplaces indoors. Flat panels in all rooms, sound system and a fully stocked chefs kitchen with espresso machine. The lake is across the street + public pier. Buoy available for rent.
There are 4 bedrooms with the 4th bedroom being accessed through the master suite. Each room has a flat panel TV. There is also a sunroom with built in couch/beds for 3, a wood stove, 70" TV & gaming consoles. The living room features a big stone wood burning fireplace. The outdoor patio has a huge wood burning fireplace & an outdoor living area during the summer. There is a hot tub on the patio. Wander out the back door & you're a minutes from the top of Eagle Rock,offering spectacular views of Lake Tahoe. Blackwood Canyon entrance is 300 yards away. It os one of the top destinations in Tahoe. A great place to snow mobile, 4 wheel, hike or ride your bike. We have a buoy available for rent right across from our home.
A great place to make a commercial. Here is a clip of the last guest work.
Zugang für Gäste
The Lake is right across the road, and there is a public beach area with picnic tables & BBQ's. The tahoe paved biking paths run right in front of the home offering safe biking access to Tahoe City, the Truckee River and all the way up to Squaw Valley.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There is a horse shoe pit, indoor/ outdoor sound system, all rooms have Flat Panel TV's with Direct TV and Roku. The kitchen is stocked with every cooking item you can think of including an automatic espresso machine. There is a hot tub on the patio
Markets close by:
Obexers - Two minute drive just past Homewood Resort. Solid basics, great beer selection, gourmet cheeses and great sandwiches. They sell propane as well
West Shore Market - Next to Sunnyside. It's a new Market that is getting better each day. They have the best fresh seafood and steaks in the Tahoe basin, some basics groceries, sandwiches and a solid beer and wine selection.
SaveMart - 5 minutes away - big market with everything.
Breakfast - Firesign - two minutes away.
Lunch or Dinner - Sunnyside - two minutes away
West Shore Cafe - Seasonal so check hours.
Manzanita - Ritz Carlton - 20 minutes over 267
Mikuni - Sushi at Northstar
Mamasake - Sushi Squaw Valley - 15 minutes away
PlumpJack Squaw Valley - 15 minutes away
Fat Cat - Tahoe City
Tahoe House - good coffee and sandwiches - 5 minutes toward Tahoe City
Things Bob and Roxie like to do:
1.Go to the PDQ Market and get a sandwich for lunch- Located in Tahoma on the West Shore.
2.Take the sandwich to Bliss State Park and picnic.
3.Fish the Truckee River.
4.Kings Beach- Hiro Su(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) N Lake Blvd
5.Stop in at Speed Boat beach located on Yacht in Kings Beach.
6.For a quick and easy pack lunch that is supper healthy. New Moon on the West Shore- by the Tahoe Tree Company.
7.Truckee for dinner at Pianeta (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA and Bar of American and the Truckee Diner
8.Steamers Pizza in Kings Beach (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) North Lake Blvd
9.Must go to Sand Harbor it’s the most amazing beach plus you can rent kayak’s.
10. If you have kids… pony rides in Alpine Meadows, Truckee Variety store fun toys, Tahoe City Chocolates in the Tahoe City Boat works mall, Squaw Valley- jump, arcade, starbucks coffee, zip line and rock climbing, Tahoe City beach in the heart of town has a large play park and Sunday concert in the park and it’s free.
11. Movie night in Tahoe City on the beach on Wednesdays
12. Get a Massage (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) on the Lake located in Tahoe City.
13. New Leaf Acupuncture (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) in Kings Beach- Dawn.
14. Dam Café and Tahoe House for Breakfast- Dam Café is better but if there is a line or you like sweets go to the Tahoe House. Both are located in Tahoe City on the West Shore.
15. Red Box locations- Squaw Valley 7-11 or 7-11 at Dollar Point or Savemart in Tahoe City.
16. Rent a boat from Greg Green (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Raft the Truckee River- Buy raft before you come to Tahoe.
18. Clothing for adults Fine and Funky in the Boat Works Mall Tahoe City- For the kids Roughneck and Ruffles in the Tahoe City Cobblestone.
19. Wild Flower viewing Antoine Meadows- get a map from Olympic Bike Shop
20. Hike to 5 Lakes take lots of water- Alpine Meadows- (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) It.
21. Rent bikes in Tahoe City and bike to the west shore 64 acres along the Truckee River- End up at the River Ranch for burgers and music on the river.
22. If your in to hiking go to Emerald Bay and Hike Eagle Falls the best time is the spring because the falls are powerful. In Sept there is an amazing fish hatch in the riverbeds that is available for viewing.
23.Have fun and Kick back.
24. Dinner in Tahoe City can be fun but the food is always hit and miss- If you are thinking about dining somewhere and want to ask our opinion please email us and we will tell you what we think about the location.
25.Sunnyside for Dinner can be good and it’s on the water.
26.Climb China wall on Donner Summit.
27.Horse Back ride at the alpine meadow stables.
28. The Tahoe City Golf Course has the best breakfast.
29. Squeeze In- and the Truckee Diner have the best Breakfast in town.
30. Kids Golf in Tahoe Vista.
31. Truckee Community Center and Incline Village Rec center have indoor pools- if you want to swim this winter.
32.The resort at Squaw Creek has all kinds of events for the kids- crafts and movies. Check out the calendar left in the house rental binder.
33.Ice Skate at Northstar and go to diner at the Pizza Place in the village.
TOT TAX: Collected outside Airbnb- It's 10% and can be (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) once there is a booking with Airbnb.
All guest must sign the hot tub waiver.
No Pets Please.
No more than 8 People.
DO NOT leave bottles, beer cans or any debris around the hot tub in the winter. Snow can bury these items quickly making snow removal dangerous. These items can be shattered in the snow blower and
cause damage. MINIMUM SECURITY DEPOSIT CHARGE WILL BE $250.00 plus damages to the equipment.
This will need to be signed and returned.
Special Disclosure and Waiver of Liability for 3555 West Lake Blvd, Homewood California
WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR HOT TUB: The tenant understands that there are special risks involved in the use of a Hot Tub. Tenant is aware there are potential dangers to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as any person using a hot tub too long or if a person has health risks, is intoxicated, using any kind of drugs or medication, or is pregnant. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Agent and Owner of property for accidents or injury arising from use of hot tub. Tenant agrees that he/she is responsible and liable for any damages that occur to the hot tub through their or their guest's misuse or negligence. Should Tenant or Tenant’s guests contaminate the water with dirt or suntan lotion by not abiding by the rules, Tenant agrees to an additional charge of $125.00 to cover the cost to drain, clean and refill the tub and remediate the contamination to the filtering system. The hot tub is serviced weekly; please notify us if you feel the water is contaminated and do not use the HOT TUB until it has been serviced if in doubt. In consideration of my anticipated stay, I agree, intending to be legally bound hereby, that the property owners and their heirs, servants, agents, contractors, and employees shall not be liable for my injury or death, or the injury or death of my invited guests. This Disclosure and Waiver of Liability is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of this contract. Tenant additionally agrees that they have read the spa rules sent with the home notes.
Tenant Signature:________________________________ Date ___/___/___
Robert Ormsby President
BA in business administration, Sierra Nevada College, Incline, NV Previous careers
Professional Ski Racer
U.S. Olympic Team, Calgary, 1988
U.S. Ski Team , National Champion,
North American Professional Ski Tour NCAA All American, University of Wyoming
1984 World University Games, Montebelluna, Italy
Selling real estate in Tahoe for over 18 years Owner/broker, Ormsby Real Estate, Tahoe City, CA Tahoe City resident since 1963