Antwort von Dana:
Thank you for the 5 Star review of our property and for choosing to spend your important day at our home. I’m glad you, like all of our previous guests, appreciate the care we have taken to create this special place. I'm truly sorry you had a 1 star event experience. We host very few intimate events and work hard to ensure that they are beautiful, successful, sustainable, and that the impact to our property is light. In this case, unfortunately, the impact of your group was very heavy and we encountered more wear and tear than with any previous guests. Here are ten points of fact in response to your aggressive review.
1. Our home has a minimal amount of “stuff” (as can be seen in the photos) primarily limited to kitchen/cooking needs, books, lighting, furniture and bedding. All closets and drawers are empty for guest use.
2. Your event review should be directed to your coordinator, not our AirBnB home. It’s a separate contract that doesn’t involve us.
3. That said, we discussed your claims with the coordinator who had a very different experience.
4. Sorry about the miscommunication with your coordinator regarding the tour. Permission was given by your husband to tour the property as he was outside packing up, and when they realized someone was upstairs, they immediately turned around and left, apologizing to your husband. You coordinator is very professional, experienced, polite, and even had her own wedding at our home.
5. The water was not shut off, your group apparently ran out. No group has ever exhausted an entire 5,000 gallon tank in a weekend. That said, it’s easy to quickly fill the tank by turning on the pump or notifying us.
6. You drove under the tree when first visiting the property. It hasn’t moved in a year. Clearance has always been 12 1/2 feet. No other vendors have ever had issues with vehicle height. You caterer’s truck must have exceeded even the clearance rating of overpasses on highways. According to the coordinator’s records the caterer communicated weight (33,000 lbs), but not their unusual height needs, prior to the event.
7. The coordinator, who has shared all correspondence, has no record of a conversation about the trampoline. However, it is very easily moved by two or three people. It is also very child-safe, utilizing a spring-free design surrounded by a safety net. No other guests, nor our kids and their friends, have ever been hurt over the course of 15 years. Unfortunate accidents are the reason we require wedding insurance. Sorry to hear about your guest’s painful injury.
8. We experienced an unusually high level of damage to our property, requiring more cleaning than we’ve ever encountered, removal of many cigarette butts (in violation of the contract and high fire caution season), smashed plastic pieces from broken cups on the grounds, and the breakage/burning of several tools that needed replacing.
9. As a result of this event, the extensive damage, appliances/tools needing replacement, extra cleaning required and your 1-star review we are now more carefully filtering incoming inquires and reviewing contracts in more detail with guests. Our cleaning team was shocked and saddened as they treat our home like their own.
10. To those considering a quiet, low impact, respectful getaway, retreat or event please consider the Slow Coast Lodge & Cabin. We welcome you to share our beloved home and treat it like your own.